Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Time flies when you're crafting...

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted. I've been in a crafting frenzy lately and have so many projects lined up on my crafts tables. Most of them are in the "not quite ready to share" stage. I did finish some coaster tiles tonight and thought I would share them. I've decided to make most of my gifts this year (for my sisters & family). They are always saying they would like for me to make them something...they are getting their wish this year. :o) These are my first coasters, so please be gentle. The funny ones will go to my oldest sister..she has a warped sense of humor (like me...:o). I found some funny stamps online tonight...my credit card is calling my name. Just might have to order them...they are so cute & would be perfect for coasters.






FYI: I had several requests for info on how I did the tiles & decided to add the info here. The first tumbled tiles I bought @ Menards didn't work well...I ended up using Rialto White tiles from Lowe's. I stamped the images with Staz-On, then colored them some with Prismacolor Pencils & some with ink & a waterbrush. I baked them for 20 minutes @ 350. After they cooled I sprayed them with several coats of matte sealer. Have fun!!


I also made a few more bottle-cap magnet sets. I think I'm going to give these to my niece & nephews' teachers this year. I try to always send a little something extra for them to add to their teacher's gifts.







Hope everyone is having a fun week...time for me to pick up some of my mess before I call it a night.

Thanks for stopping by.....

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Deb - I love, love, love the coasters! The Eiffel Tower ones are beautiful and so CLASSY! They would make perfect gifts. I love the paper you used for the teacher's gifts. It is incredibly unique.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

All your stuff is so much fun! I love the way you create :)

How about some details on how to do the coasters? I did some a couple years ago with staz-on ink but they did not look nearly as nice as yours!!!

Diane said...

Lovvvve the tiles Deb. The bottle caps are cute as well. Hugz, Diane

Beth said...

Beautiful job on the coaster Deb and your boxes are adorable.
Hugs

JenMarie said...

GREAT coasters!
I just found your blog thru groppi girl blogs!
Love your work!

Kim said...

I am a first grade teacher and I would love to recieve a gift like that - so talented - cute ideas. You make me want to get out my stamps and get busy.