Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas & a few things to share...

Well, the big 2007 Christmas Road-Trip Adventure begins tomorrow. We will be gone a month or more & I have packed up a bunch of craft supplies to take with me. The front cabinets of the camper are filled to the brim with my Cricut Expression & all my cartridges. The paper is packed in my Hopper & I even packed my jars of ribbons & boxes of embellishments. My sweet hubby's eyes bulged when he saw it all. His first comment was I didn't know you had soooo many Cricut Cartridges. He bought most of them, so I don't know why he doesn't remember...oops forgot I ordered some from Hallmark Scrapbook & Ebay, too. :o) The other funny thing he said is "do you need all these brads & ribbon? What??? Is he nuts?? My comment was, " Do you need all those hunting clothes, guns, & bullets?" (He's going on 2 hunting trips.) He said yes!! My comment, "well that answers your question, I need my embellishments"! LOL! I'm excited about our trip & I know it will be fun.

I have a couple of things I'm almost finished with & thought I would share before I leave.

The first is an altered lunchbox tin. I haven't made one of these before & now I'm addicted. Fun!! This one is for my niece, Alison. She loves scrapbooking & card-making...thought she would like a place to store her cards . I made a matching pen & a big paper clip bookmark to match. The bookmark fit in the pocket, but the pen didn't, so I'm going to attach it with some ribbon. Sorry some of the pix aren't so good. I haven't tacked down the tabs on the divider cards & they look whop-sided. I was in a hurry to share & don't have time to finish before we leave, so you get to see them looking whoppy.:o) I'm going to make a few cards to put in the tin also...haven't finished those either. Glad I have a few days to finish up things after we get to Knoxville.







I made 20 of these bottle-cap snowman pins real quick the other night...I'm going to put them on some cards I made. A friend sent me one last year & I thought it was the cutest thing. Had to case her idea & poem. Thanks Diane! :o)



Time for me to get back to work. I will be checking in once we arrive in Knoxville.

Wishing you all a joyous Christmas....thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Deb -
Merry Christmas! I wish you and your DH a fun, safe, and adventurous trip to Knoxville. The tin you made is fantastic. I love the color combination and the dividers. That snow girl bottle cap is so adorable. TFS! I can't wait to see what you craft on the road trip.

natalie malan said...

I just found your blog! What cute projects! LOVE the snow man one. My husband would say the same about the embellishments. I spent three hours cleaning out the closet yesterday, and AFTERWARD, when it was all neat and clean and a quarter of it was already in the car in a box for goodwill he said, I had no idea you had so many. Good thing he hasn't seen the trunk yet...

Anonymous said...

Hi- I just found your blog while searching for snowman bottlecap projects. I LOVE your snowman pins! PLEASE tell me how you made the cute little hats! Please email me-Thanks!!Hope you had a nice Christmas! Hugs Kay Mespelt petking@vcn.com

Lauren said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Deb!