Monday, December 3, 2007

Tis the Season for Giving....

Christmas is always a busy time for everyone & I have been busy this past week working on an event for area needy families. It does my heart good to give to those less fortunate than my family. :o) While visiting with a friend today I found out about this site and wanted to share it with my friends that visit my blog. It is IGIVE.com. You can choose the cause of your choice in your area or add your favorite cause. Then when you shop online at over 660 well-known stores they will give a percentage of your purchase to the cause you have selected. I do most of my shopping online, so this will be another way for me to give back.

I have so many projects that I'm working on & can't seem to get them completed. Have to get organized this week & get them done. We will be leaving in the middle of December to head South for the holidays. We are taking our new travel trailer...this should be an adventure. LOL! It was a little sad at first because I love everything about Christmas and being at home and all my many decorations. I couldn't imagine not decorating our home for Christmas....so we decided to make it a a fun adventure. I have one of my pencil trees, stockings, wreaths, and some of my favorite decorations all ready to put up when we make our first stop in Knoxville, TN. Even though we will be visiting family & friends on our trip I wanted to have some of our favorites with us. They are all packed up and ready for a "road trip". :o) I even have a wreath for the SUV grill. There are many things that I will miss this year, but the most important thing is that we will be together and with family this Christmas. I will have my laptop with me & will check in on my blog & with my favorite blog friends.

As soon as I finish these projects I will get them posted. Hopefully, I will have time to finish up most of the gifts this week.

Thanks for stopping by...blessings,

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Deb -
You are so sweet!
The people you are helping will apprerciate all you do.
Your holiday definitely sounds like an adventure. Have fun!