Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stamp Something Challenge Card

I haven't had time to participate in any challenges lately...I was excited to see the simple challenge at Stamp Something, "This week is Simple Somethings. Make us a card using only one layer of cardstock. You can embellish it, stamp it, color it, do anything you wish, but you must only use one layer!"
It looked so easy, but then when I started on my card I realized it was going to be more difficult than I thought not to use layers or patterned paper. :o)

This is the card I came up with for the challenge.



Recipe:
Embossed Square Card: Lasting Impressions (Stash)
Stamp: Taylored Expressions (Sweet Celebration)
Prismacolor Pencil/Gamsol Technique
Ribbon: American Crafts


Congrats to Stamp Something Challenges on 6 months of challenges. Hope I have a chance to play again soon. :o)

Thanks for stopping by....

8 comments:

TARJA L said...

Lovely card!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Ooo, super cute Deb! Love the dry embossing and that yummy cupcake! Thanks for playing. :)

Anonymous said...

Just darling! Love that embossing!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Funny how something can seem so simple until you try to do it! lol I love the card, the dry embossing gives it such great texture!

Becky Carafa said...

This is sooo cute! Love that cupcake!

Lauren said...

Wow Deb! This is fabulous. The embossing is just spectacular.

Erin... said...

So adorable!! love the embossing and that image is super cute!!!Fun birthday card!! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

lovin that embossing chickie..and yummy cupcake! awesome card