Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge Card

I have been wanting to participate in the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge for a while, but just haven't had time. I loved the sketch this week & decided it was time to find time. :o) Of course, I'm running way behind in posting. :o(



Recipe:
Stamps: SU Season of Joy
Paper: SU & Basic Grey Fruitcake
Ink: Memento (Bamboo Leaves & Rich Cocoa)
Velvet Ribbon: Taylored Expressions
Brads: Stash

Pop Dots

I'm sure my blog buddies are wondering..where are the cupcakes for the cupcake challenge? I must confess, this is not my original card for the challenge...I had a little mishap. As my close friends/family know...I am a klutz. I've always been athletic, but I have a problem walking. LOL!! My mother always told me not to run with scissors, but she never said anything about walking with them. I had finished my cute, cute cupcake card and all I had left was the ribbon. I got up from my craft table to walk over and get one of my ribbon jars. Forgot all about those Christmas gifts I had sitting in the floor. OOPS!! Tripped & the scissors went through my index finger. Of course, I was holding my cupcake card & blood red wasn't one of the chosen colors. I was more concerned about my card than my finger. It is much better now, just a lovely shade of purple with 2 puncture wounds. I truly am a KLUTZ. LOL! I hope to redo the card today & I will share it when I do.

Thanks for stopping by.....




6 comments:

Beth said...

Well Deb love the card any way but am so sorry to hear about your mishap did you have to have stitches my finger hurts just thinking about it PLEASE be more careful GF.
Big Hugs

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh my gosh girl, I am totally having cringing pains just thinking about your finger! OUCH
We have to be related cause I am a Klutz extraordinaire! lol

Denise Clark said...

Love the DP you used! And that velvet ribbon is just perfect for your card!

Lauren said...

OUCH! I hope your finger is feeling better. This card is FABULOUS! Love the paper and the bow.

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Love all of your designs, stop on by I have an award for you

Alison said...

I love this card, wish I could be as talented as you. love ya alison