Monday, August 11, 2008

A Little Something to Share....

Gosh, this last month has flown by...can't believe we have been here a month & still aren't settled. We have had so much company since we arrived, most of my favorite children have been for a visit. We had kids for 3 weeks & played the entire time. We went to the lake almost daily and one day we visited the Dismals Canyon. What a neat place!! Last week we went to Illinois to pick up our boat. Rushed back on Wednesday & drove to Louisiana on Thursday for my niece's (Lauren) Friday evening wedding. On the drive back from Illinois last Wednesday, Lauren called me and asked me if I could make 1oo wedding favors because her favor order wasn't going to be delivered in time for the wedding. :O Talk about last minute requests. LOL! We arrived home about 7 pm Wednesday night & I got everything ready by midnight. We got to my sisters Thursday night about 9:30 and I was too tired to work on the favors. I finished them Friday morning in plenty of time for the wedding. This is what I came up with for their favors:



Details:
Pillow Favor Boxes: Walmart
Scallops: SU So Saffron (Cut with Cricut)
Circle Monogram: Cream Linen Paper (Stash) Designed in PSP, punched with 1" Circle Punch.
Filler: Jordan Almonds
What do you think of my last minute favors? Lauren loved them & that is most important to me. :o)

We don't have any more trips planned for at least a month, so I am going to be working on the house. We are still waiting on our new living room furniture that we ordered. I can't wait for it to get here...maybe 2 more weeks..hope it is sooner.

My hubby bought a new toy & I've been having a blast with it. I've been out all morning riding.
Here's the new toy...pretty, huh? :o)




Hope all my blogging buddies are doing well. Hope to blog hop this evening.

Have a fun week & thanks for stopping by!

Blessings....







6 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Hi Deb! I wondered how you were doing getting settled in. Ya it seems like it takes FOREVER to settle into a new place and make it truly feel like home!

Those favors are FABULOUS, you truly did a super job. They totally look professional, with a touch of hand done creativity and love. Just perfect

Love your new toy, my Dad has a Polaris, our quad is a Honda and not quite so big but they sure are fun. We call it our tractor cause we use it so much here on our property.

Lauren said...

WOW! Fabulous favors. That was a tall order - 100 favors!!! But they did turn out fabulous. The new toy does look like fun.

BlueRose said...

Hey Deb, I just love your favors very nice ya did a wonderful job on them.

Say love your Hubies new toy glad to see ya love it as well.

Thanks for the visit enjoyed it.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling favors! Great job on them!
Sharron/Sharrahug
from Aimee Asher site

Mechelle said...

Hi Deb,
Just found your blog on Aimee Asher Inc. and thought I'd stop by and say "Hi". I loved your favors so pretty.
The new toy looks like a blast!
Anyway I didn't know you had a blog so I'm happy to find it ~ I'll add you to my Google reader.
((hugs)) Mechelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, Sure miss being in touch with you. Love the favor. I haven't been crafting at all... too busy with my new kindergarten. So happy to hear that you are back in Alabama. Next summer, we need to get together for sure, when I am in Ga. Have a great day, Kellie